FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
BUYING DOLLARS FROM TRAVELEX AT MURTALA MUHAMMAD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (23/10/2016)
- Travelex now sells dollars at travellers at the MMIA.
- The process is the same as buying the Business Travel Allowance (BTA) or Personal Travel Allowance (PTA) from a bank.
- The dollars you purchase from Travelex are slightly higher than the official / CBN rate but lower than parallel market rate.
- The end-to-end process of purchasing and collecting your dollars from Travelex is as detailed below:
- Arrive early as the process takes hours.
- Collect tally number from Travelex staff.
- Provide a valid passport with a valid Visa .
- Provide Bank Verification Number (BVN) Card.
- Provide a valid boarding pass.
- Provide a signed copy of transaction declaration document.
- Introductory letter from company (BTA purchase only).
- FX is handed over at BOARDING GATE after security checks.
- Transactions will not be conducted 1 hour prior to boarding call for customers flight.
- Please ENSURE YOU COLLECT YOUR DOLLARS AT THE BOARDING GATE.
- Make sure you ask at the boarding gate where you are to collect your dollars before boarding is announced.
- Maximum dollars available is $4,000 per person. Standard BTA rules.
HOW TO PAY FOR THE DOLLARS
- P.O.S from customer’s account.
- Online bank transfer from customer’s account.
- Mobile transfer from customer’s account.
- Cash deposits using denominations of N1,000 notes.
- Payment is confirmed before transaction is done.
OBSERVATION: Outside the Travelex booth is always chaotic so prepare yourself for the heavy traffic.