Nigeria, others eligible for UK relocation payment - BUSINESSDAY
SEPTEMBER 12, 2023
BY Babatola Ayomide Victoria
The UK government is offering a £10,000 international relocation payment to non-UK trainees and teachers of languages and physics who are coming to England to work.
The payment is designed to help cover the costs of moving to England, such as visa fees, immigration health surcharge, and other relocation expenses.
Here are the requirements to be eligible for the payment: You must:
* Be a non-UK citizen
* Be coming to England to teach or train to teach languages or physics
* Have a degree
* Have recognized teacher-training qualifications
* Have at least one year of teaching experience
* Be able to speak English to an undergraduate level
Applications for the payment are open until 31 October 2023. You can apply online at the Get
Into Teaching website.
The UK government is offering this payment in an effort to attract more teachers to England, particularly in the areas of languages and physics.
There is a shortage of teachers in these subjects, and the government hopes that the payment will make it more attractive for qualified teachers from overseas to come and work in England.
In addition to the £10,000 relocation payment, there are other benefits available to teachers who come to work in England. These include:
* A competitive salary
* Support for professional development
* Varied job opportunities
Here are some additional details about the eligibility requirements for the international relocation payment:
* The languages that are eligible for the payment are: Arabic, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, and Urdu.
* The physics courses that are eligible for the payment are: physics, astrophysics, and nuclear physics.
* The visa that you need to apply for is the skilled worker visa.
* The immigration health surcharge is a fee that you need to pay to the UK government for access to the National Health Service (NHS).